Follow us on:
Search The Site
What People SaidAudiences
- Awe inspiring
- Congratulations on a sterling show, artistry, and scale, a wonderful achievement. A triumph! (Liz Aggiss, Divas Dance Theatre)
- The show was delightful - I enjoyed every minute.
- A wonderful and unique event.'
- What a performance...so original, creative and amusing. Viva pedal power!
- Participation in the BB was a truly life affirming experience
- I had such fun messing about on and off my bike. It was a huge commitment but well worth it!
- The whole experience was really friendly, supportive, exciting and great fun - thank you!
- The bicycle ballet team were fantastic and really inspiring.'
- I think at least a few people will have gone home and got their bike out of the shed. And we all did stuff I don't think we expected
- It was amazing to dance with my bicycle as my partner - it made complete sense, after all, we see each other and ride together almost every day!'.
Category Archives: News
In the late 19th century, cycling was at the forefront of movements for women’s equality. Women embraced the independence & the freedom of cycling &, despite public & media consternation, shed voluminous dresses & up to seven pounds of underwear. … Continue reading
Blazing Saddles is a unique outdoor performance, telling the little known story of the moment bicycles first became widely available & women transformed their clothing to be able to ride. It links into issues around women & cycling today, seeking … Continue reading
We’re very excited to be developing a new heritage project researching women & cycling, linking a centenary of women’s suffrage & emancipation with environmental & health policy narratives encouraging women & girls to ride. More information soon…
A night-time version of Strictly Cycling, with yellow cycling capes glowing like belisha beacons, wheels, fingers & toes ablaze. An entertaining street show, combined with a light-hearted, road safety, message to ‘light up & be seen on bikes after dark. … Continue reading
The Bicycle Ballet Co Artistic Director outlines some of the ideas behind The Cilia Dance, the day before the pilot project in Brighton takes place A bit more detail on some of those ideas: Cilia are microscopic, hair-like structures on … Continue reading
Interview with Mark Carter on BBC Radio Sussex, Saturday 25 September, 9.10am
Saturday 25 September from 3pm at St Peter’s Church & through Valley Gardens 15 years after the first Bicycle Ballet performance on Brighton seafront, we’re back to celebrate Car Free Day again on Saturday 25 September, with a pilot performance … Continue reading
You are invited to co-create & perform The Cilia Dance, a conversation using the language of movement, instead of words, to explore how we travel around the city. A playful, fun, collaborative & empathic exchange; to dance in each other’s … Continue reading
The Cilia Dance is a high impact, movement piece co-created & performed by local people. The piece is conceived as an ambitious experiment in holding a ‘conversation’ about how we get around our towns & cities, using the language of … Continue reading